Tuesday 7 June 2016

UDTAA PUNJAB !!!







Excuse me if I sound, a little unsound of mind
The regimentation is cruel, unjust and unkind.
The State is 'flying', we all are 'high'
The inhabitants 'stoned', is this Punjab? NIGH.....

What’s this ‘chitta’? Brown has been the colour
'Sugar' with varied hues, intoxication and fervor.
Generations annihilated, the wombs unploughed
The fields dry and barren, where five rivers flowed.

I talk of a land, which doesn’t even exist
I am a poet, a dreamer- my thoughts do not persist.
My friends have gone away; I shall not see them again.
Leaving behind a saga of unprecedented pain.

What killed their youth? I can’t even state
The Pandora ’s Box would facilitate sealing my fate.
The State is 'flying', we all are 'high'
The inhabitants 'stoned', is this PUNJAB? NIGH……………




                                                                                                                        (Anurag)

2 comments: